Parents in the past were not literate, yet they raised literate children. Understanding better the purpose of life and living with little resource, the mother inculcate in her child contentment. Without a degree in Law or social sciences, Parents succeeded in establishing a society where crime goes with punishment. There was respect for elders and quality time spent with the children. Police only need the baton and his khaki shorts to command respect. Judges honored without wigs, and mere sighting of soldier in uniform brings awe. These were the good old days. Now what do we have? With loads of degrees, law and order is eluding the society. Follow me and see how you benefit from the Holy Qur’an.
HQ 31: 12 We bestowed (in the past) wisdom on Luqman: “Show (thy) gratitude to Allah.” Any who is (so) grateful does so to the profit of his own soul: but if any is ungrateful, verily, Allah is free of all wants worthy of all praise.
· The responsibility and duty of a parent is not a part-time job
· Parenting like any effective leadership position needs wisdom to succeed
· Lack of wisdom is land mine for failure
· The parents must be the gateway to the outside world for the child
· Moral integrity is a pre-requisite for good parenting
However, for you to be obeyed you as parent must walk the talk –
“Show (thy) gratitude to Allah.”
Any who is (so) grateful does so to the profit of his soul:
If any is ungrateful verily, Allah is free of all wants worthy of all praise
HQ 31:13. Behold Luqman said to his son by way of instruction: “O my son! Join not in worship (others) with Allah: for false worship is indeed the highest wrong-doing.”
· It is the parental responsibility to introduce God to his child
What lesson does a man that belongs to a cult pass unto the child?
What lesson does a Man that stole ballot box pass to his wards?
What message do you pass when you make it Naira, Rice, cloth, vote?
· The highest crime is to associate partner with your creator
Behold Luqman said to his son by way of instruction:
“O my son! Join not in worship (any other object) with Allah:
False worship is indeed the highest wrong-doing.”
· When you forget God, you are vulnerable to any crime
HQ 31:14 And We have enjoined on man (to be good) to his parents: in travail upon travail, did his mother bear him and in years twain was his weaning: (hear the command) “Show gratitude to Allah and to thy parents: to Allah is (your final) Goal.
· The young star might not know what the parents passes through –
Not until he too becomes a parents
· Your mother passed through the mill before you were born
· Your father ensured you were not lacking
· With their efforts, you are what you are now
Allah have enjoined on man (to be good) to his parents:
In travail upon travail did his mother bear him and
In years, twain was his weaning: (hear the command)
“Show gratitude to Allah and to your parents:
To Allah is (thy final) Goal.
HQ 31:15 “But if they strive to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not. Yet, bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration) and follow the way of those who turn to Me (in love): in the End the return of you all is to Allah and I will tell you the truth (and meaning) of all that ye did.”
· No obedience to a creature by disobeying the Creator
· If what your parents ask you to worship is not Allah –
Then gently refuse their bidding –
· Caesar and what he own belongs to God
Your God, my God is One God
“But if they strive to make thee join in worship with Allah
Things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not
Yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration) and Follow the way of those who turn to Allah (in love):
In the End the return of you all is to Allah and
I will tell you the truth (and meaning) of all that ye did.”
Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar 756 Ibn Majah transmitted it.
When we were with the Prophet, (peace is upon him) on
one of his expeditions, he came upon some people and the Prophet
Asked who they were, to which they replied that they were Muslims.
· A woman who had a son of hers with her was kindling a fire under her pot when the heat increased, she moved him away
· She then went to the Prophet (peace be upon him and grant him peace) and asked, “You for whom I would give my father and mother as ransom,
Tell me if Allah is not the Most Merciful of those who are merciful.
· “The prophet (p.b.u.h) replied that Allah certainly was the Most Merciful.
· She asked, “Is Allah not More Merciful to His servants than a mother to her child?” and
· The Prophet (p.b.u.h) assured her that Allah certainly was,
· She replied that a mother does not cast her child into the fire.
· Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) then bowed his head and wept, and afterwards raised it, looked at her and said,
· “Allah punishes only those of His servants who act audaciously towards Him and refuse to say that there is no god but Allah.”
HQ 31:16 Advise of Qur’an regarding moral behavior and interactions:
O my son!” (said Luqman) “If there be (but) the weight of a mustard-seed and it were (hidden) in a rock or (anywhere) in the heavens or on earth Allah will bring it forth: for Allah understands the finest mysteries (and) is well-acquainted (with them).
· The heaven is a scanner, hope you know what a scanning machine is.
· Allah notices whatever goes on under the sky.
· The earth is the biggest storage ever known.
· Anything on and inside it, is in the store of Allah
· Your Creator knows what you are hiding
· “If there be (but) the weight of a mustard-seed and it
Were (hidden) in a rock or (anywhere) in the heavens or on earth,
Allah will bring it forth: for Allah understands the finest mysteries (and)
Is acquainted with them- The why and how of it is clearer to Him
HQ 3:17. “O my son! Establish regular prayer, enjoin what is just and forbid what is wrong: and bear with patient constancy whatever betide thee, for this is firmness (of purpose) in (the conduct of) affairs.
· First commandment- establish regular prayer (It is the key to the gate of paradise)
· Second commandment- Enjoin what is just and forbid what is wrong (It is the oil of progress for the society)
· Third commandment- bear with patient and constancy, whatever betide thee (It remove desperation and do or die mentality) – the Qur’an says, ‘this is firmness (of purpose) in (the conduct of) affairs’.
HQ 31:18 “And swell not thy cheek (for pride) at men nor walk in insolence through the earth; for Allah loveth not any arrogant boaster.
Traces of check swelling are:
· Cat-walking, sagging, rude talk, polo flying, pomposity, stunt driving
· Do not walk with intent of calling attention to your beauty or dress
· The truth is that there is nothing material or position that you have that is exclusively yours –
Someone has had it before
· Someone has what is more than yours –
Please you should know, and please tell that child
· Fourth commandment; “And swell not thy cheek (for pride) at men nor
· Fifth commandment: Walk in insolence through the earth –
For Allah loveth not any arrogant boaster.
HQ 31:19 “And be moderate in thy pace and lower thy voice; for the harshest of sounds without doubt is the braying of the ass.”
· Be gentle of voice, neither too loud, and neither too hash
· Be simple and ordinary in your speech
· Do not use affected phonetics; it does not change where you come from
· Arrogant child of an oppressive parent always shout –
This he does to cover up his inadequacies, please remind her.
· Sixth Commandment: Be moderate in thy pace and lower thy voice
For the harshest of sounds without doubt is the braying of the ass.
Even when your child is married, there is no sneaking into your house if your intention is to build a home. Listen to the Messenger: Narrated Anas ibn Malik 1208 Transmitted by Tirmidhi.
Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said, “When you go in to your family, my son, give a salutation. It will be a blessing both to you and to the inmates of your house.”
· In your home, you should announce your presence – It is Sunnah to greet those inside the home.
· It is not right for you to arrive at your home like a thief – Allah blesses you when you offer the Salaam to the member of the family in your home.
The essence of life is in knowing that beyond the façade of marriage is responsibility to your family; the child is a weak link. If you fail in your parental duty, you have failed in every thing and the society losses. If you succeed in raising a good child, you have succeeded in every thing, and the society benefits. What are you teaching your child? Be a touch bearer
Join in the effort to publish this pamphlet, contribute your quota.
“Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times? It is Allah that giveth (you) want or plenty and to Him shall be your return.”HQ2:245
For Sponsorship pay into this: Bank- Zenith bank Plc
Acct No: 1011103085
Sort code: 057080031
Mallam Musa Da’ud – 08033175075
Husseinu Suleiman: 08050579551
Laiwola Lawal: 08055160153