By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Liverpool defeated Fulham 4-3 in a thrilling Premier League contest at the Anfield on Sunday.
An own goal from Fulham goalkeeper Bernd Leno gave Liverpool the lead on 20 minutes.
The visitors fought back four minutes later courtesy of a fine strike from Harry Wilson.
Alexis Mac Allister’s spectacular strike on 38 minutes restored the Reds’ advantage, but Fulham hit back again as VAR awarded Kenny Tete’s equaliser late in the first half.
Substitute Bobby Decordova-Reid thought he had won it for Fulham 10 minutes from time when he headed home Tom Cairney’s cross.
Liverpool however turned it around with substitute Wataru Endo slotting home from outside the box in the 87th minute.
Trent Alexander- Arnold won it for the Reds a minute later. READ ALSO:
- EFCC arrests ‘pilot’ over alleged N1bn fraud
- 16 vessels waiting to berth at Lagos ports – NPA
- Egypt bows out in 2nd round of ITTF WTTC
- Gombe govt earmarks N5.2bn for payment of retirees’ gratuities
- Trinity University to graduate 20 first class students at maiden convocation