By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Super Eagles head coach, Jose Peseiro arrived South Africa on Friday to monitor Chippa United goalkeeper Stanley Nwabili.
Peseiro visited Chippa United’s training ground where he was introduced to Nwabili.
Chippa United announced Peseiro’s visit on their official X handle.
“Privileged to host Jose Peseiro🇵🇹, head coach of the Nigerian Super Eagles🇳🇬 here in Gqeberha🇿🇦 a moment of inspiration for us at Chippa United🌶️,” reads the statement.
Peseiro is scouting for new goalkeepers ahead of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.
Nwabili has been in fantastic form for Chippa United this season.
The 27-year-old has kept seven clean sheets in 15 games for the South African club. READ ALSO:
- 16 vessels waiting to berth at Lagos ports – NPA
- Egypt bows out in 2nd round of ITTF WTTC
- Gombe govt earmarks N5.2bn for payment of retirees’ gratuities
- Trinity University to graduate 20 first class students at maiden convocation
- 2nd African Heritage Awards to hold In Lagos – Organisers
The shot stopper, who has made one appearance for the home-based Super Eagles once played in the Nigeria Premier Football League for Go Round FC, Enyimba and Lobi Stars.