The Federal Government has appointed the Chief Executives of six information-related parastatals under the Ministry of Information and Culture.
The appointments were announced in Abuja on Wednesday by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed.
The new Chief Executives are:
1. Mr. Ishaq Modibo Kawu – Director-General, Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC
2. Mr. Mansur Liman – Director-General, Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN)
3. Mr. Yakubu Mohammed – Director-General, Nigerian Television Authority (NTA)
4. Dr. Garba Abari, Director-General, National Orientation Agency (NOA)
5. Mr. Bayo Onanuga – Managing Director, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
6. Mr. Osita Okechukwu – Director-General, Voice of Nigeria (VON)
Prompt News recalls that the Chief Executives of the parastatals were disengaged on Feb. 15th 2016.
A statement by Segun Adeyemi, Media Aide to the Information Minister, said the appointments take immediate effect.