By Harry Awurumibe, Editor Abuja Bureau
There is a veil of uncertainty over the fate of returning Ministers as the Minister of Information and Culture Lai Mohammed, has said no official statement has been issued by government.
Speaking to State House Correspondents after the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting on Wednesday presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at State House, Abuja, Mohammed said he needed more time to consult before making a categorical statement on the matter.
The Minister who was answering a question posed to him on the fate of some Ministers who attended the Valedictory ceremony presided over last week to thank the ministers who indicated their interests to pursue higher political offices, posited that he needs time to answer the question.
“The other question about Ministers returning or not going, I think you need to give me more time so that I can tell you exactly what the situation is.
“Right now, I need to cross check. I need to confirm again from Mr President what the situation is. I think, you see the final decision on who is going, who’s coming back? Who’s not going lies with the president and I thank you”, the Minister said.
Meanwhile, four Ministers Abubakar Malami (Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice); Pauline Tallen (Women Affairs); Chris Ngige (Labour and Employment), and Timipre Sylva (State, Petroleum Resources), have all returned to their duty post.
Infact, both Malami and Tallen were present at the FEC meeting on Wednesday while Sylva was said to have attended virtually.
President Buhari had last week directed members of the cabinet intent on contesting elective positions in next year’s election to resign their appointments by Monday.
But, six out of the 10 Ministers who were bade farewell by the President at the occasion have complied with the directive of Mr. President while four have announced that they have withdrawn from seeking new political offices.