By Harry Awurumibe, Editor Abuja Bureau
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) at its weekly cabinet meeting on Wednesday, October 27, 2021, approved the request by the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to deploy tax resources to rehabilitate 21 federal roads.
The roads covering the total distance of 1,804.6 kilometers are spread across the six geopolitical zones of the country.
Consequently, the cabinet meeting presided over by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, approved the road rehabilitation as follows:
- Dualization of Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa/ Bokani Junction road Section 1: Illorin-Jebba, Kwara State C/NO. 6468. 110.8km
- Dualization of Ilorin, Jebba-Mokwa/Bokani junction Road Section II: Jebba-Mokwa-Bokani junction in Kwara and Niger states. C/NO.6469. 46 km
- Dualization of Suleja-Minna road, Niger state. C/O. 6077. 40km
- Dualization of Suleja-Minna Road, Niger State PhaseII (Km 40+000-101+000) C/NO.6267. 61km
- Reconstruction of Bida-Lambata Road, Niger state C/NO.6372. 125km
- Agaie-Katcha-Baro Road, Niger State 52.3km
- Emergency repairs of failed section of Mokwa-Makera-Tagina-Kaduna state border in Niger state. 164km
- Minna-Zungeru minna-Zungeru-Tagina road, Niger state. 90km
- Bida-Minna road, Niger state. 791.1km
- Rehabilitation of Cham-Numan section of Gombe-Yola road in Adamawa state. 46.35km
- Construction of Bali-Serti road in Taraba state. 110km
- Rehabilitation of Gombe-Biu road in Gombe/Borno state. 117km
- Rehabilitation of outstanding sections of Gada-Zaima-Zuru-Gamji road Phase II in Kebbi State 62km.
- Rehabilitation of Zaria-Funtua-Gusau-Sokoto-Birnin Kebbi. 221.5km
- Dualization of Aba-Ikot Ekpene road in Abia/Akwa Ibom states. 73km
- Rehabilitation of Umuahia (Ikwuano)-Ikot Ekpene road: Umuahia-Umudike in Abia state. 49km
- Rehabilitation of Odukpani-Itu-Ikot Ekpene road in Cross River state Section I: Odukpani-Itu Bridge Head in Cross River/Akwa Ibom states. 21.9km
- Dualization of outstanding portion of Odukpani-Itu-Ikot Ekpene: lot 2. 32km
- Dualization of Oku-Iboku Power Plant Section of the Odukpani-Itu-Ikot-Ekpene road in Cross River/Akwa Ibom state. 28km
- Rehabilitation and expansion of Lagos-Badagry Expressway (Agbara Junction-Nigeria/Benin border) in Lagos State. 62km
- Dualization of Ibadan-Ilorin road (Route A2) Section II in Oyo State (Oyo-Ogbomosho). 52km
Grand Total = N621.237Billion.