By Tony Obiechina, Abuja
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) generated the sum of N8.5trn for the federation, the outgoing Executive Chairman of the Service, Muhammad Nami has said.
Nami disclosed this during the handover ceremony to the incoming Acting Chairman of the Service, Mr Zach Adedeji in Abuja on Monday.
Adedeji was appointed last week by President Bola Tinubu to take charge of the affairs of the Service.
Speaking at the event, Nami said he has implemented reforms that had repositioned the operations of the FIRS in line with the mandate given to him when he took over in December 2019. READ ALSO:
- Zacch Adedeji: A technocrat with a big assignment
- Sports Minister sues for peace, flags off 7th National Youth Games in Asaba
- Ag. Customs CG charges officers on regular exercise
- Military uncovers gun factory, recovers weapons in Kaduna
- Mohbad died day his Canadian visa was approved – Show promoter
According to him, the FIRS has been able to boost government revenue to the extent that over 70 per cent of the funds shared during the monthly Federation Account Allocation Committee comes from tax collection.