Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) U-17 champions, Senegal will play Argentina, Japan and Poland in Group D of the 2023 FIFA Cadet World Cup slated for Indonesia in November.
In the draw conducted on Friday in Zurich, Switzerland, hosts Indonesia were drawn in Group A alongside one of Africa’s representative Morocco, Ecuador and Panama.
Mali, flying the Africa’s flag in Group B were drawn to do battle with Spain, Canada and Uzbekistan.
Group C would see a mouth-watering clash between the past two winners of the tournament, Brazil and England, with, Iran and New Caledonia do battle.
Burkina Faso were drawn in Group E alongside France, Korea Republic and USA.
The full draw is as follows:
Group A: Indonesia, Ecuador, Panama, Morocco
Group B: Spain, Canada, Mali, Uzbekistan
Group C: Brazil, Iran, New Caledonia, England,
Group D: Japan, Poland, Argentina, Senegal
Group E: France, Burkina Faso, Korea Republic, USA
Group F: Mexico, Germany, Venezuela, New Zealand.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Golden Eaglets of Nigeria who are record five-time champions did not qualify for the tournament.
The 2023 FIFA U-17 World Cup holds in Indonesia from Nov. 10 to Dec. 2. (NAN). READ ALSO:
- Peter Obi: Anyone who falsifies certification or age can’t do the right thing
- Chicago State University releases Tinubu’s records to Atiku
- Death On The East-West Road: If only we had been fair to ourselves…
- Lagos, Kwara, NNPC, Customs, others drum support for GOCOP 7th annual conference in Abuja
- BREAKING: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike For 30 Days