By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Nigeria’s Super Eagles could face defending champions Terangha Lions of Senegal, Atlas Lions of Morocco and Desert Foxes of Algeria in the group stage of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.
The Carthage Eagles of Tunisia and Pharaohs of Egypt are the other potential opponents the three-time champions could come up against in the group stage.
The seedings for the draw was released on Thursday by the Confederation of African Football (CAF) with the Super Eagles placed in Pot 2.
Senegal, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt and Cote d’Ivoire are placed in Pot 1.
In Pot 3 are; South Africa, Cape Verde, Guinea, Zambia, Equatorial Guinea and Mauritania.
Pot 4 has Guinea Bissau, Namibia, Mozambique, Angola, Gambia and Tanzania. READ ALSO:
- How to handle husbands’ greatest need in marriage
- Arsenal Beat Wolves, Go Four Points Clear
- 5th World Media Summit kicks off in Guangdong, China
- Kebbi Deputy Governor’s wife loses mother
- Three Oyo traditional rulers die in auto crash
The draw will be staged in Cote d’Ivoire on Thursday 12.
The competition will run from January 13 to February 11, 2024.