The Police on Friday confirmed it had apprehended the Special Constabularies who were caught in a viral video demanding money from a Dutch woman rider in the Ojongbodu area along Iseyin/Ogbomosho Road in Oyo.
Details of their arrest were revealed in a statement by the Force Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, saying that they were arrested for their ”unprofessional, unacceptable, and punishable acts.”
Adejobi also disclosed that ”the Commissioner of Police, Oyo State Command, CP Adebola Ayinde Hamzat, has instituted a disciplinary procedure on the matter immediately.”
”The police authority has condemned the act and ordered that the men and their supervising Divisional Police Officer be sanctioned accordingly.”
He described the act as unpolice-like and would never be tolerated in any manner.
He assured that the Force would, however, intensify efforts in commencing the reorientation programme as initiated by the Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Adeolu Egbetokun, for officers and men of the Force to address issues of this nature and reposition the Nigeria Police. – CHANNELS TV
- 2nd African Heritage Awards to hold In Lagos – Organisers
- Edo PDP guber aspirant asks court to nullify ward congresses
- Give Tinubu more time to solve challenges – Gowon
- Akeredolu will be remembered for truth, justice – Aiyedatiwa
- NSCDC in Kwara arrest man for sexually harassing teenager