By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Nigeria forward Gift Orban is in contention for the UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week award.
Orban was handed a rare starting berth in KAA Gent’s matchday five tie against Ukraine’s Zorya and he justified his selection by making a good impact.
The 21-year-old scored Gent’s third goal in the 4-1 victory.
The striker received a pass from Senegal defender Noah Fadiga on 55 minutes and slotted the ball home after a superb control.
Orban was in action for 90 minutes in the encounter. READ ALSO:
- Okpebholo Declared Winner Of Edo APC Guber Primary
- 2024 Olympic Qualifiers: Waldrum Unhappy With Short Preparation For Cameroon Clash
- Date, Venue Confirmed For Super Eagles Vs Argentina Friendly
- …Just because Southeast Will not Join the Protest
- Man docked for alleged theft of soya beans
The former Stabaek of Norway player is currently the top scorer in the UEFA Europa Conference League this season with five goals from four games.
Gent booked their place in the knockout round of the competition following the emphatic win.