The newly appointed Lagos State Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Dr Oluyinka Olumide, has pledged revolutionary action in the built sector to tame building collapse.
Olumide, according to a statement on Thursday by spokesman of the ministry, Mr Mukaila Sanusi, promised zero tolerance to building collapse as his watchword upon assumption of office on Wednesday.
He arrived the ministry in company with the Special Adviser, e-GIS and Urban Planning, Dr Olajide Babatunde, after being sworn in by Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, at Alausa, Ikeja.
The Commissioner promised to build on successes of his predecessors and introduce progressive initiatives to further revolutionise the sector.
He said that he would work effectively with all stakeholders in the sector.
The Special Adviser, e-GIS and Urban Planning, Dr Olajide Babatunde, who was re-appointed to the position, is quoted as calling for continued cooperation and teamwork.
The duo was received by the ministry’s Permanent Secretary, Mr Oluwole Sotire; Surveyor-General, Lagos State, Mr Ayokunu Adeshina; General Managers of agencies of the ministry and senior management staff. (NAN). READ ALSO:
- Peter Obi: Anyone who falsifies certification or age can’t do the right thing
- Chicago State University releases Tinubu’s records to Atiku
- Death On The East-West Road: If only we had been fair to ourselves…
- Lagos, Kwara, NNPC, Customs, others drum support for GOCOP 7th annual conference in Abuja
- BREAKING: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike For 30 Days