The Lagos State House of Assembly has confirmed another nominee by Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Mr Tolani Sule-Akibu, who was earlier stepped down on Wednesday.
The lawmakers confirmed the nominee through voice votes during plenary presided over by the Deputy Speaker, Mrs Mojisola Meranda, on Tuesday.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Sule-Akibu is one of the 18 nominees sent to the House by Sanwo-Olu on Sept. 4
His confirmation was stepped down by the lawmakers on Wednesday during the plenary.
The lawmakers could not reach an agreement on whether to approve or disapprove his nomination.
However, Meranda said the lawmakers had given their approval to the nomination of Sule-Akibu with a voice vote. READ ALSO:
- Champion resistance of foreign interferences in internal affairs of African countries, Coalition urges Tinubu
- Diptheria claims 10 in Jigawa, 91 suspected cases recorded
- Leadership crisis tears Adventist Church apart in Abia
- My ambition is to support President Tinubu to succeed – Gov. Bello
- Ligue 1: Simon Scores, Bags Double Assists In Nantes Home Win
Meranda, thereafter, directed the Clerk of the House, Mr Lekan Onafeko, to write the governor on the confirmation of Sule-Akibu.
NAN reports that in all, 38 nominees have so far been confirmed while two were rejected. No reasons were earlier given for the rejection. (NAN)