German Chancellor Olaf Scholz is to set off on Thursday for his third visit
to Washington since taking office just over two years ago.
On Friday, Scholz planned to meet U.S. President Joe Biden at the White House to discuss military aid for Ukraine, the conflict in the Middle East and the NATO summit this summer.
After his arrival on Thursday evening, Scholz first has an appointment with members of the U.S. Congress.
On Friday morning, his programme would include a breakfast with U.S. entrepreneurs.
- EFCC arrests ‘pilot’ over alleged N1bn fraud
- 16 vessels waiting to berth at Lagos ports – NPA
- Egypt bows out in 2nd round of ITTF WTTC
- Gombe govt earmarks N5.2bn for payment of retirees’ gratuities
- Trinity University to graduate 20 first class students at maiden convocation
In the U.S., the primaries for presidential election due to be held in November have begun.
Biden wants to run again. Former U.S. president Donald Trump is seen as the most likely Republican challenger. (dpa/NAN)