The Borno Government has approved the release of over N73 million for the payment of registration fees for orphans of volunteers who lost their lives while assisting security agencies in the fight against insurgents.
The Executive Secretary of the state Scholarship Board, Malam Bala Isa, made this known at a briefing on Friday in Maiduguri.
Isa said that the beneficiaries comprised orphans of Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), hunters and vigilante members.
He said that the amount covered the registration fees for second year registration of the orphans who are in various schools, and the purchased of 1,878 admission forms for free distribution to indigent students wishing to study nursing and midwifery.
“It is part of His Excellency’s support for families of those volunteer heroes who lost their lives in defending the good people of Borno from activities of insurgents,” Isa said.
He also explained that the purchase of 1,878 forms to be distributed free to those interested in studying nursing and midwifery across the 27 LGAs in the state was part of measures to improve the healthcare system in the state. (NAN). READ ALSO:
- Why Rivers United Lost To Dreams FC – Eguma
- FHA Clears air on removal of illegal structures in FESTAC Phase II
- Kogi poll: Lawyers, activists warn against alleged plan to file petition through backdoor
- NSIWC Clarifies Issuance of Various Pension Circulars by the Commission
- Japa: 1,197 Nigerian-trained doctors move to UK since May