By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Victor Boniface claimed he is surprised with his impressive start to life in Germany.
The Nigerian international joined Die Werkself from Belgian Pro League club Union St Gilloise this summer.
Boniface has already scored four goals and recorded one assist in four league appearances for Die Werkself.
The 22-year-old won the Bundesliga Rookie of the Month and Player of the Month for August.
“I couldn’t have imagined it better,” the striker told Bundesliga.com.
“I didn’t know much about the competition and so I didn’t know what it would be like to go from Belgium to the Bundesliga. To win two awards in that first month…”
“I have to thank my teammates and everyone who supported me. READ ALSO:
- Zacch Adedeji: A technocrat with a big assignment
- Sports Minister sues for peace, flags off 7th National Youth Games in Asaba
- Ag. Customs CG charges officers on regular exercise
- Military uncovers gun factory, recovers weapons in Kaduna
- Mohbad died day his Canadian visa was approved – Show promoter
“I am a bit surprised that I adapted so quickly, but on the other hand, I have always believed in myself.”