By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Finidi George is upbeat his side will emerge stronger from their disappointing exit from the African Football League.
The Nigerian champions failed to register a goal in both legs of their quarter-final clash against Wydad Athletic Club of Morocco.
Enyimba lost the first leg 1-0 at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium, Uyo.
The second leg in Casablanca ended in an embarrassing 3-0 defeat.
Despite their failure to secure a place in the last four, Finidi insisted that the future is bright for his young side.
“We have a lot of young players,” Finidi was quoted by Enyimbafc.net.
“We are working towards something. I think in the coming years, these players will graduate and they will have that experience.
“For them, it’s a big experience playing in a big tournament like this. Unfortunately, we didn’t qualify. So, we’ll learn from what we’ve done wrong and try to be better in the future. READ ALSO:
- Okpebholo Declared Winner Of Edo APC Guber Primary
- 2024 Olympic Qualifiers: Waldrum Unhappy With Short Preparation For Cameroon Clash
- Date, Venue Confirmed For Super Eagles Vs Argentina Friendly
- …Just because Southeast Will not Join the Protest
- Man docked for alleged theft of soya beans
“It’s a good tournament, and for the young players that are coming up, it’s also a good experience for them. In one or two years they will have the experience and whenever they compete like this, they’ll do much better.”