By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Bruno Onyemaechi is doubtful for Nigeria’s upcoming 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Lesotho and Zimbabwe.
Onyemaechi’s potential absence would be a major blow for the Super Eagles with Victor Osimhen, Samuel Chukwueze and Wilfred Ndidi already ruled out of the game.
The defender picked up an injury in his club Boavista’s 3-1 home defeat to Farense on Sunday.
Jamilu Collins, who plays for Sky Bet Championship club, Cardiff City is the other left-back in the team. READ ALSO:
- Why Rivers United Lost To Dreams FC – Eguma
- FHA Clears air on removal of illegal structures in FESTAC Phase II
- Kogi poll: Lawyers, activists warn against alleged plan to file petition through backdoor
- NSIWC Clarifies Issuance of Various Pension Circulars by the Commission
- Japa: 1,197 Nigerian-trained doctors move to UK since May
A replacement could be drafted in by head coach Jose Peseiro in case Onyemaechi is ruled out of the game.
The Super Eagles will welcome Lesotho to Uyo Thursday before they fly out to Rwanda to battle Zimbabwe three days later as the 2026 World Cup qualifying tournament begins.