By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Super Falcons midfielder Toni Payne says the players will give their best to secure a place at the 2024 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations.
The nine-time African champions will battle Cape Verde for a place in the 2024 WAFCON finals.
The Falcons will hosts the Cape Verdeans in the first leg of the qualifiers at the Moshood Abiola Stadium, Abuja on Thursday.
The second leg will take place next week Tuesday in Praia.
Payne, who plays for Spanish Iberdola outfit, Sevilla is upbeat the Super Falcons will fly past their fellow West Africans.
“I haven’t heard much about them, they are a little bit unknown in terms of how they play. We will see some videos to know more about them,” Payne told NFF TV. READ ALSO:
- EFCC arrests ‘pilot’ over alleged N1bn fraud
- 16 vessels waiting to berth at Lagos ports – NPA
- Egypt bows out in 2nd round of ITTF WTTC
- Gombe govt earmarks N5.2bn for payment of retirees’ gratuities
- Trinity University to graduate 20 first class students at maiden convocation
‘We just build on what we normally do and focus on ourselves. Our way of playing is keeping the ball.
“We believe if we have the ball it will be difficult for the opponent to score. We will try and stick to our plan and get a win.”