By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Moses Simon has apologised to Nigerians following the Super Eagles poor start to the 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign.
The three-time African champions failed to beat minnows Lesotho and Zimbabwe in their opening two games.
Jose Peseiro’s side held the Likuena of Lesotho to a 1-1 draw in their first game.
The Super Eagles also battled to 1-1 against the Warriors of Zimbabwe on Sunday.
Simon took to his X handle to beg Nigerians for forgiveness.
“Not the result we wanted but we we will surely bounce back,”the Nantes winger posted. READ ALSO:
- How to handle husbands’ greatest need in marriage
- Arsenal Beat Wolves, Go Four Points Clear
- 5th World Media Summit kicks off in Guangdong, China
- Kebbi Deputy Governor’s wife loses mother
- Three Oyo traditional rulers die in auto crash
“Big apologies to our fans, you deserve better than the performance against Lesotho and Zimbabwe.
“We have overcome so many challenges in the past. And now is the time to reflect and come back stronger.”
The Super Eagles will host South Africa in their next game in June, 2024.