By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Ike Shorunmu has joined the technical crew of Abia Warriors as the new goalkeeper’s coach.
The shot stopper was unveiled on
Monday at the club’s secretariat in Umuahia by chairman John Obuh in a brief but impressive ceremony witnessed by members of management.
Obuh said he decided to go for Shorunmu because of his vast experience and antecedents hoping that his addition will be a big influence.
On his own, Shorunmu said he settled for Abia Warriors based on personal conviction and expressed confidence that the team will achieve greater success this season.
The 55-year-old previously worked at Nigeria Professional Football League outfits Enyimba and Heartland.
He has also workeed as goalkeeper trainer with the Super Eagles. READ ALSO:
- INEC publishes 2023 general elections report
- Regulate Digital Assets Platform and Save Naira
- Navy intercepts 15,540 litres of petrol in Badagry
- No trailer loaded with food stuffs was attacked in Katsina – police
- Ogalla: The Naval Chief in the Eyes of the Storm, By Yushau A. Shuaib