By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Super Eagles head coach, Jose Peseiro says he is not interested in the vacant Zamalek SC coaching position.
Peseiro, according to reports in Egypt has submitted his application for the position.
A top official of the club, told Egyptian website Kooora that Peseiro’s application is among those already on the club’s table.
The 63-year-old has now debunked the reports.
“At the present, all my focus is on the Nigerian national team only,” the Portuguese told btolat.com.
“There are no negotiations from Zamalek in any case and I am not thinking about anything else.”
The Portuguese signed a contract extension with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF). READ ALSO:
- How to handle husbands’ greatest need in marriage
- Arsenal Beat Wolves, Go Four Points Clear
- 5th World Media Summit kicks off in Guangdong, China
- Kebbi Deputy Governor’s wife loses mother
- Three Oyo traditional rulers die in auto crash
The gaffer is under pressure following the Super Eagles poor start to the 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign.
There has been persistent calls for his sack after the Super Eagles could only draw their opening two games against Lesotho and Zimbabwe.