Parliamentary Staff Association of Nigeria (PASAN), Kaduna State chapter, has suspended its strike action over the non implementation of financial autonomy.
Its Chairman, Abdurashid Abarshi, made this known when he led the members of the association to reopen the assembly’s gate on Tuesday.
Abarshi said the suspension of the strike action followed the agreement reached between national body of the association and the Nigerian Governors’ Forum(MGF) on all their demands.
He said that according to the agreement, CONLESS must be commenced in January 2024, adding “which means all state legislatures must be captured in the 2024 appropriation law.”
The chairman also explained that by Feb. 28, 2024, if all the agreements were not achieved, the association has the right to recall its members to strike action for the full implementation of their demands.
Abarshi appreciated the support of all the members, security agencies, journalists and solicited for the sustenance of the gesture.
He also urged all the members of of the association to resume their normal activities for the progress of the state and Nigeria in general.(NAN). READ ALSO:
- NSIWC Clarifies Issuance of Various Pension Circulars by the Commission
- Japa: 1,197 Nigerian-trained doctors move to UK since May
- 3SC draw goalless with visiting Heartland FC
- Doctors appeal to LASG on improved welfare, as 15 die within 6 months
- 18-year-old Abdullahi nets 5 goals as Kano Pillars thrash Gombe United 5-2