The Speaker of Ondo State House of Assembly, Hon Jumoke Akindele and her deputy, Hon Fatai Olotu, have been impeached.
18 out of the 26 members of the House carried out the impeachment in the official residence of one of them at about 10PM last night, Channels TV reports.
The members elected Hon Iroju Ogundeji as new Speaker and Ayo Arowele as Deputy Speaker.
The aggrieved legislators say their interest were not well protected by the former leadership.
The 26 member House is dominated by the PDP with 21 and APC with 5 members.
Four of the APC members signed the notice.
The premises of the House of Assembly has been barricaded with armed policemen stationed at the entrance to forestall any breakdown of law and order as a result of the development.
The names of members that signed the former speaker and deputy’s impeachment are:
1. Hon Arowele Ayodeji – Owo const 1
2. Hon Iroju Ogundeji – Odigbo 1
3. Hon. Olusola Oluyede – Ose
4. Hon. Akindiose Olusoji – Ondo East
5. Hon. Akintimehin Tuyi – Idanre
6. Hon. Akinruntan Abayomi – Ilaje 1
7. Hon. Fajolu Abimbola – Ileoluji –Okeigbo
8. Hon. Araoyinbo Olugbenga – Akoko NE
9. Hon. Olusegun Ajimotokin – Irele
10. Hon. Jamiu Suleiman Maito – AKoko NW 1
11. Hon. Felemu Olusegun – Akoko SW 2
12. Hon. Coker Adeniyi Malachi – Ilaje 2
13. Hon. Towase O Kuti – Akoko SE
14. Hon Kazeem M O S -Akoko SW1
15. Hon. Obadiah Vincent – Ese Odo
16. Hon. Ade Adeniyi – Ondo West 1
17. Hon. Olamide George – Akure North
18. Hon. Mukaila Musa – Owo 2