Mrs Ayuku Pwaspo has emerged as the first female chairman of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Plateau Council, after almost 50 years of its existence.
Pwaspo of the Plateau Radio Television Corporation (PRTVC) chapel polled 121 votes to defeat Mr Ralph Madugu of Impact chapel, who scored 114 voted during the council rerun election on Thursday in Jos.
The two chairmanship candidates had a tie with 114 votes each during the council election on Sept. 8, hence the rerun.
In her acceptance speech, Pwaspo thanked journalists on the Plateau for the confidence bestowed on her to lead, saying that she would not disappoint them in the discharge of her duties.
‘’The Plateau State Council of the NUJ has added its name to the annals of history by electing the first female Chairman,” she said.
She promised to deliver on the promises made during her campaign and appealed to members of the council to support her to succeed.
“I am therefore, challenging every member of this council to track me up on promises made in my manifesto as I am committed to surely fulfil them through the help of God and with your cooperation,” she said. (NAN). READ ALSO:
- Peter Obi: Anyone who falsifies certification or age can’t do the right thing
- Chicago State University releases Tinubu’s records to Atiku
- Death On The East-West Road: If only we had been fair to ourselves…
- Lagos, Kwara, NNPC, Customs, others drum support for GOCOP 7th annual conference in Abuja
- BREAKING: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike For 30 Days