The pre-Islamic period was such that aside the worship of multiple gods, social discontent was also visible. Girls were being buried alive, might was right, hard drink was the order of the day and oppression was the norm. Internecine war was a daily routine. The Messenger of Allah, Muhammed (s.a.w) changed the general outlook of pagan Arabs to positively transformed people, morally and spiritually. Islamic civilization reforms the world with Arabia as the entry point. The Arabs stopped worshiping different images but now worship the Omniscience – Allah, stopped the killing of girl child and started respecting human right. That is what Islam did, to the Arabs. One basic ingredient that put the militant and recalcitrant Arabs on the world map was the transformation that Islam gave to them through the enthronement of Justice and not Legality. The Muslims in Medina were able to establish an egalitarian society where everyone was equal before the Law, and justice must be done because Allah is watching! Go to Medina today and you see development.
HQ5:6 ‘’O ye who believe! When ye prepare for prayer wash your faces and your hands (and arms) to the elbows; rub your heads (with water); and (wash) your feet to the ankles. . . Allah doth not wish to place you in a difficulty but to make you clean and to complete His favor to you that ye may be grateful’’.
· The first duty of a believing Muslim is Salat
· After the compulsory aspect of ablutions is ensured, the Sunah aspect is also observed
· The Salat is then established, and you may want to know the reasons for the procedure. This is giving by your maker and my maker
· ‘’Allah doth not wish to place you in a difficulty
But to make you clean and
To complete His favor to you
That ye may show gratitude to Him’’
· The next will now be what next after iqohmatu salat
· Stand for true witness and establish justice
HQ 5:7 ‘’And call in remembrance the favor of Allah unto you and His Covenant which He ratified with you when ye said: “We hear and we obey”: and fear Allah for Allah knoweth well the secrets of your hearts’’.
· That you worship the creator of the heavens and the earth is a favor
· That you pray 5 times daily is a mercy
· That you have the City of Medina as template of social justice is a blessing
· When you hear the Commandment, as a Muslim, you should obey
· You are expected to fear Allah in secret and in the open
· Allah knoweth well the secrets of your hearts.
· Faith in Allah is one ingredient that is personal
· While social justice is another ingredient that makes the society runs better
HQ 5:8 ‘’O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah as witnesses to fair dealing and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to Piety: and fear Allah for Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do’’.
· The first duty of a Mumin is to affirm and proclaim the Unity of the Creator- Allah
· The hallmark of Allah is fair dealing
· All Prophets of Allah including their Leader, Muhammed established fair dealing
· Muslims are also enjoined to strive towards fair dealing
· Fair dealing is expected from mother with her children
· Fair dealing is expected from husband among his wives
· Fair dealing is expected from the government to the governed
· Fair dealing is the panacea for peace in the home and country
· Among inter-religious groups, there must be fair dealings
· You are warned not to allow hatred of one another to drag you into wrong doing
· Justice must be done and it must be seen to have been done
· To be just is akin to piety
Stand firm for justice HQ 4:135 “O ye who believe! Stand out firmly for justice as witnesses to Allah even as against yourselves or your parents or your kin and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts) lest ye swerve and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do”.
Look at the wisdom of the Glorious Qur’an
· The Qur’an did not invite the drunkard to stand out for justice
· Because A drunkard is always shifting position- (inconsistency)
· It did not invite a gambler to stand out for justice (because he is looking for cheap wealth, someone close to a thief)
· It did not appeal to miscreants (already he is disadvantaged and powerless)
· It invited a believer in (God, Angels, Books, Resurrection, Destiny, and Accountability), to struggle and attain justice
· However, if the believers (Muslims, Christian and Jews) abandon the course of justice, vagabond, and riff-raffs will take over the struggle (Which is what you are witnessing in the polity now)
· For anyone to stand out for justice, he must have proper valuation of Allah (God Almighty) and must obey all the rules
· “O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice as witnesses to Allah
Even as against yourselves or your parents or your kin and
Whether it is (against) rich or poor:
For sure, Allah can best protect both
Follow not the lusts (of your hearts) lest ye swerve and
If ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice
Verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do”.
Warning against slander and against falsely charging innocent people:
HQ 4:105 “We have sent down to thee the Book in truth that thou might judge between men as guided by Allah: so be not (used) as an advocate by those who betray their trust.
· The reasons for revelation is for humanity to be a guide – what can be called a road-map
· The Prophets were sent as role models
· To judge between men and women, and to resolve any doubt or dispute
· The question I am asking is why is it difficult to follow the Laws in the Bible (whether old or new testament) by the Christian
· Why is the Muslim been prevented implementing the Laws in the Glorious Qur’an?
We have sent down to thee the Book in truth
That thou might judge between men as guided by Allah:
So be not (used) as an advocate by those who betray their trust.
HQ 4:106. However, seek the forgiveness of Allah, for Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.
· For those that still have conscience, they should repent
· For those that are aware of judgment day, it is not too late to have a rethink
“Seek the forgiveness of Allah
Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful”.
HQ 4:107 Contend not on behalf of such as betray their own souls: for Allah loveth not one given to perfidy and crime.
· The issue of Faith is always a challenge to feeble minds whether rich or poor
· Faith is always a challenge to an arrogant mind, learnered or illiterate
· The advise to the Mumin is given by the owner of the Faith
“Contend not on behalf of such as betray their own souls:
For Allah loveth not one given to perfidy and crime”.
· Meaning that, Allah does not love a betrayer
HQ 4:108 “They may hide (their crimes) from men but they cannot hide (them) from Allah seeing that He is in their midst when they plot by night in words that He cannot approve: and Allah doth compass round all that they do”.
· When the Believers express reliance on Allah – those that lack faith might not really appreciate this attitude
· Even the Creator of the heavens and the earth knows that perfidy goes with faithlessness
· Nocturnal meetings in forests and hotels
“They may hide (their crimes) from men
But they cannot hide (them) from Allah
Seeing that He is in their midst when they plot by night in words that He cannot approve: and
Allah doth compass round all that they do”.
HQ 4:109. “Ah! These are the sort of men on whose behalf ye may contend in this world, but who will contend with Allah on their behalf on the Day of Judgment or who will carry their affairs through”?
· The obvious thing about the faithless people is that they are desperate
· The next, is greed (lack of satisfaction and deceit)
· This negativism is found within the home, community or nation – (criminals abound among the poor, the rich and the wealthy alike)
“Ah! These are the sort of men on whose behalf ye may contend in this world; but who will contend with Allah on their behalf on the Day of Judgment or who will carry their affairs through?”
HQ 4:110 If anyone does evil or wrongs his own soul but afterwards seeks Allah’s forgiveness he will find Allah Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.
HQ 4:111 “And if anyone earns sin he earns it against his own soul: for Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom”.
Let us examine the above statements:
· Who is the loser of fornication? – The fornicator
· Who is the loser in smoking? – The smoker
· Who is the loser of gambling? – The gambler
· Who is the loser of deceit? – The deceiver
“If the poor is not happy the wealthy cannot enjoy his wealth
Moreover, if anyone earns sin he earns it against his own soul:
For Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom”.
HQ 5:9 “To those who believe and do deeds of righteousness hath Allah promised forgiveness and a great reward”.
The essence of life is that Justice for all not Legality Brings Peace and Development both within the home and the Nation. Think about it.
Join in the effort to publish this pamphlet, contribute your quota.
“Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times? It is Allah that giveth (you) want or plenty and to Him shall be your return.”HQ2:245
For Sponsorship of this pamphlet please pay into this: Bank- Zenith bank Plc
Acct No: 1011103085
Sort code: 057080031
Mallam Musa Da’ud – 08033175075
Husseinu Suleiman: 08050579551
Laiwola Lawal: 08055160153
E-mail: [email protected]
Send your comments on Face Book: essence of life on kapital FM 92.9