By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Ifeanyi Mathew believes the time is right for him to play for the Super Eagles.
The midfielder once featured for the Flying Eagles and the home-based Super Eagles.
The 26-year-old has been in fantastic form for FC Zurich in the Swiss Super League this season.
Mathew already has a goal and assist to his name.
The Super Eagles have struggled with the absence of a playmaker since the retirement of Austine Jay Okocha.
Mathew however believes he can help solve the problem.
- Zacch Adedeji: A technocrat with a big assignment
- Sports Minister sues for peace, flags off 7th National Youth Games in Asaba
- Ag. Customs CG charges officers on regular exercise
- Military uncovers gun factory, recovers weapons in Kaduna
- Mohbad died day his Canadian visa was approved – Show promoter
”I strongly believe that I can contribute a lot to the Super Eagles. Austin Jay Okocha Okocha was a great player during his time in the Super Eagles. We all look up to him and other top midfielders while growing up,”Mathew told reporters.
“I’m not Okocha, but I believe I can make the Super Eagles stronger.”