The Adamawa Commissioner of Police, Mr Abdullahi Yerim, has confirmed that two male suicide bombers were involved in Tuesday’s twin bomb attacks in Mubi town.
Yerima, who spoke to News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), said the first blast was in a mosque around the second hand clothes market during afternoon prayer, while the second was outside the mosque.
“The first blast was in a mosque while the second suicide bomber detonated outside the area when people around were rushing to escape,” Yerima said.
The commissioner said so far, information reaching him indicated that about 20 people were seriously injured, and had been taken to the Mubi General Hospital.
“I am yet to get the details of death for now,” Yerima said.
The blast was coming after the one that occurred in a Mosque in November in Mubi last year that claimed about 50 lives.