At least six members of the Afghan security forces and one civilian were wounded in an explosion in Kabul, the Interior Ministry said on Wednesday.
Ministry spokesman Tariq Arian said the blast, which struck on Tuesday night was caused by a car bomb.
A security official told dpa that a convoy belonging to the country’s intelligence agency was targeted in the attack.
The overnight bombing was so powerful that it was heard in most parts of the city.
In the morning, local media footage showed windows of nearby shops and houses damaged as a result of the explosion.
No group has, however, claimed responsibility for the incident.
Insurgent attacks, particularly by Taliban militants are a frequent occurrence in many parts of the country amid a slow-moving peace process.
U.S. President Joe Biden has announced the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan by Sept.11, several months after the May 1, deadline previously agreed with the Taliban.
In response, the militants announced they would not participate in a high-level Afghan peace conference in Turkey that had been set down to start on Saturday.
Amid the uncertainty swirling around those talks, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said late Tuesday the conference would be postponed until the conclusion of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which is mid-May.
Experts predict a devastating civil war if the warring sides fail to reach a political agreement before the complete withdrawal of international forces. (dpa/NAN)