By Adeboye Ado, Akure
The Ondo State Governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, has on Friday resumed duty officially.
The Governor made this known in his letter of resumption from medical vacation he forwarded to the State House of Assembly.
“According to the letter which was received today during the Parliamentary meeting of the House, the Governor resumed duty today, Friday, 8th September, 2023”, the Speaker of House, Rt. Hon. Olamide Oladiji disclosed in a statement.
The statement partly reads, “Receiving the letter on behalf of other lawmakers, the Speaker of the House, Rt.Hon.Olamide Oladiji said the Governor’s action is in line with Section 190(1)of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended).
“Oladiji, who expressed appreciation to God for bringing the Governor back home hail and hearty, said the entire people of Ondo State are glad to see him back in office.”
“It would be recalled that in the Governor’s letter of 4th June,2023, he had informed of his proceeding on medical leave and later extended it on 4th July,2023.”
“The Governor in his letter, expressed gratitude to the Lawmakers for their good wishes.” READ ALSO:
- Champion resistance of foreign interferences in internal affairs of African countries, Coalition urges Tinubu
- Diptheria claims 10 in Jigawa, 91 suspected cases recorded
- Leadership crisis tears Adventist Church apart in Abia
- My ambition is to support President Tinubu to succeed – Gov. Bello
- Ligue 1: Simon Scores, Bags Double Assists In Nantes Home Win