By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Bayer Leverkusen manager Xabi Alonso has raised concerns over the upcoming 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.
The 2023 AFCON finals is set to be staged in Ivory Coast between 13 January and 11 February 2024.
Nigeria duo Victor Boniface and Nathan Tella, and three African players in Alonso’s Leverkusen side are likely to be included in the national team squads for the tournament. READ ALSO:
- Protest as gunmen abduct students of Federal University Lafia
- CBN Governor, Cardoso Approves New Service Charter for the Bank
- BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints New Members of National Council on Privatization
- Selloffs: Equity market declines by N192bn
- Wike inaugurates rehabilitation, resurfacing of 49 roads in Abuja
“It is a concern for January and February, perhaps not having five players. It is a reality. We have to accept that,” Alonso told Transfermarkt.
Moroccan forward Amine Adli, Burkina Faso central defender Edmond Tapsoba, and Ivorian defender Odilon Kossounou are the other players Leverkusen could miss during the AFCON finals.