By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Lesotho head coach, Leslie Notsi admitted beating the Super Eagles will be a difficult task but hinted his players are ready for the task ahead.
Notsi’s side will be up against the Super Eagles in a 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifying contest at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium, Uyo on Thursday.
The Super Eagles are obviously the favourite to win the game going by the quality of players in the team.
The Likuena are however not ready to go down without fighting, according to the gaffer.
“We are playing a tough fixture against one of the best footballing countries in Africa and in the world, a team that has qualified for the World Cups,” Notsi told reporters in Uyo. READ ALSO:
- NSIWC Clarifies Issuance of Various Pension Circulars by the Commission
- Japa: 1,197 Nigerian-trained doctors move to UK since May
- 3SC draw goalless with visiting Heartland FC
- Doctors appeal to LASG on improved welfare, as 15 die within 6 months
- 18-year-old Abdullahi nets 5 goals as Kano Pillars thrash Gombe United 5-2
“You know we are expecting a tough encounter, a team made up of very fantastic players, fantastic coach and our expectation is to have a very tough match and we are taking this opportunity as a young football nation growing to come and play against the best so that we can help the exposure and experience.
“We have players who are also talented and eager to learn and grow. We are here to honour the fixture with a very competitive mindset and you know that is what we are at the moment.”