By Obaloluwa Joshua, Abidjan
William Troost-Ekong was named Player of the Tournament at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.
Troost-Ekong was outstanding throughout the competition as he marshalled the Super Eagles defence with dexterity.
The centre-back scored three goals in the competition, including the opening goal in the AFCON final.
The 30-year-old was the only Super Eagles player , who won an individual award in the competition. READ ALSO:
- EFCC arrests ‘pilot’ over alleged N1bn fraud
- 16 vessels waiting to berth at Lagos ports – NPA
- Egypt bows out in 2nd round of ITTF WTTC
- Gombe govt earmarks N5.2bn for payment of retirees’ gratuities
- Trinity University to graduate 20 first class students at maiden convocation
The Super Eagles lost the final 2-1 against the Elephants.
South Africa’s Ronwen Williams was named Goalkeeper of the Tournament, while Emilio Nsue scooped the Golden Boot after scoring five goals.