The Senate has confirmed the appointment of Dr. Aminu Maida as the Executive Vice Chairman of the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC).
This followed the presentation and adoption of a report of the Committee on Communication by the Chairman Sen. Bilbis Ikra(APC- Zamfara) at the Committee of the Whole on Thursday.
Presenting the report Ikra urged the Senate to consider the request of President Bola Tinubu for the confirmation of Maida for appointment as NCC Chairman.
He said the request was in accordance with Section 8 (1) of the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) Establishment Act, 2003.
He said the committee had screened Maida, saying that he passed all security clearance, possessed the requisite qualifications, professional experience, competence and regulatory capacity to further ensure success of the NCC.
He therefore urged the senate to approve the nomination.
Senate, thereafter confirmed the appointment of Aminu Maida, as Executive Vice Chairman of the NCC.(NAN). READ ALSO:
- NSIWC Clarifies Issuance of Various Pension Circulars by the Commission
- Japa: 1,197 Nigerian-trained doctors move to UK since May
- 3SC draw goalless with visiting Heartland FC
- Doctors appeal to LASG on improved welfare, as 15 die within 6 months
- 18-year-old Abdullahi nets 5 goals as Kano Pillars thrash Gombe United 5-2