Osun records 17 new COVID-19 cases, discharges 3




The Osun government on Thursday said it had recorded 17 new COVID-19 cases in the state.

Dr Rafiu Isamotu, the Commissioner for Heath, in a statement in Osogbo also said that three COVID-19 patients had been discharged after they tested negative twice to the virus.

Isamotu said six of the new cases were discovered on Wednesday night, while 11 cases were discovered on Thursday.

He said all the 17 patients had been taken to the isolation and treatment centres in Osogbo and Ile-Ife respectively.

According to him, two of the new cases came from Redeemer’s University in Ede, adding that their travel history had yet to be ascertained.

Ismaotu said while some of the confirmed cases had contact with previous cases in the state, the surveillance team was working to ascertain where others contracted the virus.

The commissioner, however, warned residents of the state to take responsibility by not letting down their guards.

“It is true we are carrying out massive and comprehensive contact tracing, but our people must take responsibility.

“We are already appearing to be putting up lackadaisical attitude.

“The virus is still very much with us.

“We must observe precautionary measures if we must avoid community transmission.

“We must in addition to all other precautionary measures use our face masks always.

“We must also put an end to travelling up and down. The ban on inter-state travel is still in force,” he said.

He said with the latest confirmed cases, the number of active cases in the state was now 32.

” We have 84 confirmed cases, out of which the state has successfully treated and discharged 47 patients, while five deaths have been recorded,”Isamotu said.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply