By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Victor Osimhen has been named as the Italian Footballers’ Association (AIC) Footballer of the Year.
The 24-year-old was recognised after a marvellous season in front of goal for Napoli.
The AIC awards, which began in 1968, include several notable accolades, including the team of the year, coach of the year, club of the year and goal of the season.
Osimhen led from the attack in the Partenopei’s first title-winning season in 33 years.
Osimhen was selected as the 2023 winner largely thanks to his goal scoring contributions.
During Napoli’s Scudetto-winning campaign, the Nigerian found the net on 26 occasions from 32 Serie A appearances.
The prestigious award have previously been awarded to the likes of Rafael Leao, Gianluigi Buffon, Cristiano Ronaldo, Andrea Prilo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. READ ALSO:
- EFCC arrests ‘pilot’ over alleged N1bn fraud
- 16 vessels waiting to berth at Lagos ports – NPA
- Egypt bows out in 2nd round of ITTF WTTC
- Gombe govt earmarks N5.2bn for payment of retirees’ gratuities
- Trinity University to graduate 20 first class students at maiden convocation