A 34-year-old man has been arrested and charged with the rape of a 90-year-old woman in an aged care home in the town of Bateau Bay, 100km north of Sydney in Australia.
An Australian Guardian report on Tuesday, citing the police, said that the suspect entered old people home in the east coast holiday town and attacked the woman in the early hours of Nov. 15.
The head of the sex crimes unit, Jayne Doherty, said the “horrendous” act of attacking a defenceless old lady in the safety of her home in this way was unthinkable. READ ALSO:
- Why Rivers United Lost To Dreams FC – Eguma
- FHA Clears air on removal of illegal structures in FESTAC Phase II
- Kogi poll: Lawyers, activists warn against alleged plan to file petition through backdoor
- NSIWC Clarifies Issuance of Various Pension Circulars by the Commission
- Japa: 1,197 Nigerian-trained doctors move to UK since May
The victim suffered serious injuries and was traumatised, Doherty said, adding that the woman is being cared for by her family and medical staff at a hospital.
The suspected attacker was later arrested in a nearby town on Nov. 20. (dpa/NAN)