By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Rivers United head coach Stanley Eguma says failure to convert their chances cost his side’s victory against Etoile Filante of Burkina Faso.
The Port Harcourt club were held to a 0-0 draw by the Burkinabes in the first leg of their CAF Confederation Cup second round tie
“Well it was a good game,” Eguma said in a short video posted on the club’s X handle.
“We had planned to win the match but unfortunately for us we were held to a draw. It was a great performance for the players, to leave Yamoussoukro without conceding. READ ALSO:
- Zacch Adedeji: A technocrat with a big assignment
- Sports Minister sues for peace, flags off 7th National Youth Games in Asaba
- Ag. Customs CG charges officers on regular exercise
- Military uncovers gun factory, recovers weapons in Kaduna
- Mohbad died day his Canadian visa was approved – Show promoter
“The players showed doggedness throughout the encounter. We failed to convert our chances but we will go back and work on that so as to have the chance to progress to the group stage of the competition.”
The second leg will take place on October 1 at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium, Port Harcourt.