By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Chelsea and Manchester City served up an eight-goal thriller at the Stamford Bridge on Sunday night.
The Blues side came from behind thrice in the breathless game.
Erling Haaland struck the opening goal, from the spot, after Marc Cucurella was controversially found to have fouled the Norwegian following a lengthy VAR check.
Thiago Silva and Raheem Sterling later put Chelsea ahead before Manuel Akanji’s header brought City level again shortly before half-time.
Haaland slid home his second and City’s third two minutes after the break.
Chelsea rallied once again with Nicolas Jackson tucking home a lose ball. READ ALSO:
- Why Rivers United Lost To Dreams FC – Eguma
- FHA Clears air on removal of illegal structures in FESTAC Phase II
- Kogi poll: Lawyers, activists warn against alleged plan to file petition through backdoor
- NSIWC Clarifies Issuance of Various Pension Circulars by the Commission
- Japa: 1,197 Nigerian-trained doctors move to UK since May
City thought they had won the game when Rodrigo shot was deflected in late on, but Cole Palmer scored from the spot in stoppage time to end the game 4-4.