By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Asisat Oshoala has been nominated for the 2023 CAF Women’s Player of the Year.
Oshoala won the award for a record fifth time last year.
The Barcelona Femeni star will be looking to win a record extending sixth title this time around.
The 29-year-old previously won the prestigious award in 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019 and 2022.
Her compatriots; Rasheedat Ajibade, Chiamaka Nnadozie and Osinachi are also in contention for the individual accolade.
Christy Ucheibe, Toni Payne and Uchenna are the other Super Falcons players nominated.
In other categories, Nnadozie was nominated for the Goalkeeper of the Year. READ ALSO:
- Why Rivers United Lost To Dreams FC – Eguma
- FHA Clears air on removal of illegal structures in FESTAC Phase II
- Kogi poll: Lawyers, activists warn against alleged plan to file petition through backdoor
- NSIWC Clarifies Issuance of Various Pension Circulars by the Commission
- Japa: 1,197 Nigerian-trained doctors move to UK since May
The trio of Oluwatosin Demehin, Deborah Abiodun and Esther Ajakaye are in contention for Young Player of the Year award.
Randy Waldrum is also nominated for the Coach of the Year award.