The Bayelsa State agent of the Accord Party, Mr Victor Werinepere-Fisi, and his All Progressives Congress counterpart, Dr Dennis Otiotio, on Monday clashed at the state governorship election collation centre.
Werinepere-Fisi had hit Otiotio which led to violence and disruption of the event.
The incident happened after the results from Brass Local Government Area had been collated and the party agents were making their observations on the results presented by Collation Officer, Prof Rebecca Ape.
Meanwhile, PUNCH Online reports that the Independent National Electoral Commission has adjourned the ongoing collation of Bayelsa governorship election results.
The adjournment followed the unavailability of results from Southern Ijaw LGA.
The Returning Officer, Prof Faruq Kuta, who is also the Vice Chancellor of the Federal University Of Technology, Minna, adjourned the collation of the Bayelsa governorship poll for one hour.
Earlier, the commission had shifted the collation of results from Brass and Southern Ijaw from 7 pm on Sunday to noon today (Monday). (PUNCH). READ ALSO:
- Protest as gunmen abduct students of Federal University Lafia
- CBN Governor, Cardoso Approves New Service Charter for the Bank
- BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints New Members of National Council on Privatization
- Selloffs: Equity market declines by N192bn
- Wike inaugurates rehabilitation, resurfacing of 49 roads in Abuja