Alleged kidnap: LASG re-arraigns man 6 years after




The on Monday re-arraigned one Victor Udoh, who allegedly kidnapped a child, at the Igbosere , sitting at Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS).

The defendant whose residential address was not given, is facing trial on a count charge of abduction, preferred against him by the .

The Lagos State Prosecutor, Mrs Bukola Okeowo, told the that the defendant committed the alleged offence on Sept. 18, 2015, at 9p.m. at Marwa area of Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.

Okeowo informed the that Udoh unlawfully abducted the child from the custody of her parents.

She said the offence contravened Section 269, of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.

However, the plea of the defendant was not taken.

The defendant, who has been in incarceration at the custodial centre, informed the that he had no lawyer to represent him and had not been to since 2019.

Udoh said that a lawyer had previously represented him when the case was heard at the court which was gutted by fire, “but I have not been to court since 2019.”

The trial judge, Justice Modupe Nicol-Clay, directed that Mr I.O. Bashua, a lawyer in the Office of the Public Defender, should represent the defendant.

Nicol-Clay, adjourned the case until Nov. 4 for trial. (NAN)

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply