By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Enyimba head coach, Finidi George believes his side still have a chance of progressing to the semi-finals of the African Football League despite the defeat to Wydad Athletic of Morocco in Uyo on Sunday.
The Nigerian champions went down to a 1-0 defeat against the Red Castle.
Yayha Jabrane netted the winning goal from the penalty spot in the 37th minute.
Despite the setback, Finidi is upbeat the People’s Elephant can still scale through.
“Football is about goal scoring, if we had scored the overall result would have been different,” Finidi said on Brila FM.
“In a couple of days we will have the return leg, I’m happy that in as much as we want to win the game, I’m happy that we lost by just 1-0 which gives us another opportunity to go over there and see if we can.
“If we have the same opportunities that we got here, if we can take one or two it’s going to be a different ball game.
“I’m quite optimistic about the second leg but it’s unfortunate that we lost the first leg.“
- Okpebholo Declared Winner Of Edo APC Guber Primary
- 2024 Olympic Qualifiers: Waldrum Unhappy With Short Preparation For Cameroon Clash
- Date, Venue Confirmed For Super Eagles Vs Argentina Friendly
- …Just because Southeast Will not Join the Protest
- Man docked for alleged theft of soya beans
The two sides will meet in the reverse fixture this weekend at the Stade Mohamed V in Casablanca.