Borno State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), on Tuesday distributed relief materials to 450 traders affected by a fire outbreak at Gamboru market in Maiduguri.
The SEMA Director General, Dr Barkindo Muhammad, said a total of 159 shops in the market were raized on Sunday.
He said personnel of the state fire service acted promptly to extinguish the fire.
Muhammad sympathised with the affected individuals and urged them to take necessary precautions to prevent future occurrence.
The SEMA DG said that the items distributed to the victims include grains, cooking oil, seasoning, buckets, mats, and building materials. (NAN). READ ALSO:
- Protest as gunmen abduct students of Federal University Lafia
- CBN Governor, Cardoso Approves New Service Charter for the Bank
- BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints New Members of National Council on Privatization
- Selloffs: Equity market declines by N192bn
- Wike inaugurates rehabilitation, resurfacing of 49 roads in Abuja