By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Zimbabwe head coach, Baltemar Brito said his was unlucky in the 1-1 draw against the Super Eagles of Nigeria.
The Warriors scored first at the Huye Stadium through Walter Musona.
Substitute Kelechi Iheanacho restored parity for Nigeria 25 minutes from time.
Brito stated that his side didn’t get what to deserve from the game.
“We started the game to win, we expected to win this game unfortunately we drew,” Brito said in his post-match press conference.
“We had the ambition of winning this game, the players fought hard and this good performance is about them. They deserve all the credit for this good performance. READ ALSO:
- How to handle husbands’ greatest need in marriage
- Arsenal Beat Wolves, Go Four Points Clear
- 5th World Media Summit kicks off in Guangdong, China
- Kebbi Deputy Governor’s wife loses mother
- Three Oyo traditional rulers die in auto crash
“We had the chance and in football it is about the team that create chances and score. We scored a beautiful goal, Nigeria maybe had one, two chances also they didn’t create much chances in our box.”
Zimbabwe’s next game in the qualifiers is against Benin Republic in June 2024.