By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Kenneth Omeruo has stated that the Super Eagles are on a redemption mission against Zimbabwe on Sunday (today).
The Super Eagles played a disappointing 1-1 draw against Lesotho at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium, Uyo on Thursday.
Jose Peseiro’s charges need a positive result to get their 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign back on track.
Omeruo hinted that victory against the Warriors of Zimbabwe is non-negotiable. READ ALSO:
- Why Rivers United Lost To Dreams FC – Eguma
- FHA Clears air on removal of illegal structures in FESTAC Phase II
- Kogi poll: Lawyers, activists warn against alleged plan to file petition through backdoor
- NSIWC Clarifies Issuance of Various Pension Circulars by the Commission
- Japa: 1,197 Nigerian-trained doctors move to UK since May
“We are on a redemption mission; a serious business is what we have come for. The pitch is poor but we can’t be bothered right now. We want to get into action and pick up three points,” the Kasimpasa defender told thenff.com.
The matchday two encounter is slated for the Huye Stadium, Butare.
The game will kick-off at 2pm Nigeria time.