By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Nigeria’s Super Eagles stumbled again in their bid to secure a place at the 2026 FIFA World Cup after they held their hosts Zimbabwe to a 1-1 draw at the Huye Stadium, Butare on Sunday.
Jose Peseiro’s have now amassed two points from their opening two games in the qualifier.
Zimbabwe took a surprise lead through Walter Musona on 26 minutes.
Musona’s well struck free kick sailed past goalkeeper Francis Uzoho.
The Warriors maintained the lead for the remainder of the first half.
Super Eagles head coach, Jose Peseiro made triple substitutions after the break.
Bright Osayi-Samuel, Kelechi Iheanacho and Victor Boniface replaced Ola Aina, Frank Onyeka and Nathan Tella.
Substitute Iheanacho equalised for the Super Eagles 25 minutes from time. READ ALSO:
- How to handle husbands’ greatest need in marriage
- Arsenal Beat Wolves, Go Four Points Clear
- 5th World Media Summit kicks off in Guangdong, China
- Kebbi Deputy Governor’s wife loses mother
- Three Oyo traditional rulers die in auto crash
Jose Peseiro’s side will host the Bafana Bafana of South Africa in their next game in the qualifiers in June, 2024.